Get Rid Of Skin Discoloration And Pigmentation
Have you recently started noticing small areas of discolouration and dark patches on your skin or an uneven skin tone? Pigmentation is a common concern that can affect your complexion adversely and may appear in different forms like melasma, freckles, sunspots, pimple marks and more. Find safe and effective scientifically-proven treatments recommended by top dermatologists for minimising different types of pigmentation issues right here to restore your spotless complexion and youthful radiance.
Common types of Pigmentation Concerns:
Most pigmentation concerns result in discoloured patches of skin that appear darker than the surrounding areas, making the skin tone uneven. The most common types of pigmentation concerns include:
- Age spots: Also known as sunspots or liver spots, these occur primarily on sun-exposed areas such as the face, chest, shoulders and arms. They appear as brown, tan or black coloured spots on the skin because of increased localised melanin production stimulated by ageing-related degeneration and prolonged sun damage.
- Melasma: Women often develop large and irregular patches of dark skin during pregnancy on the forehead, nose, upper cheeks, lips and stomach that persist for long, increase with sun exposure and tend to recur. It is also known as Chloasma or the mask of pregnancy. Men may occasionally have this type of pigmentation too.
- Freckles: These are tiny light brown to black irregular spots occurring on the face, especially around the eyes, cheeks and nose in young to middle-aged adults. They may be familial and increase by extended UV exposure without sun protection.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): PIH appears as dark spots or patches after an inflammatory skin disturbance, such as acne or eczema. They usually appear on the face and neck but may occur in any body area.
- Macular Amyloidosis: This type of pigmentation refers to greyish or dusty brown stains that appear anywhere on the body, especially on the arms, back and chest. These dark patches with a rippled pattern appear due to the accumulation of amyloid or amyloid-like proteins in the dermis. They are a common skin concern among middle-aged females.
- Suntan: Hyperpigmentation may occur in common areas such as the face, neck and arms due to prolonged exposure to harmful sun rays. Acute skin damage due to UV radiation may lead to sunburns or even skin cancer.
- Lichen planus pigmentosus (LPP): This condition leads to large and diffused grey patches in sun-exposed body areas. It results in persistent, stubborn pigmentation that occurs primarily on the face and neck of dark-skinned individuals.
Now that you know about the common pigmentary concerns, it is time to find out about available advanced aesthetic treatments for minimising them painlessly and visibly.
Scientifically-Proven Pigmentation Treatments Available At Rejuvenate Health:
It is possible to treat and reduce pigmentation with the help of advanced scientifically-proven procedures that eliminate your skin’s melanin build-up safely and effectively and lighten your skin tone. The treatments at Rejuvenate Health begin after consultation with a qualified dermatologist who analyses the affected area for the type, depth and possible causes of pigmentation. He/she customises the treatment plan as per requirement and may suggest the following methods as a single or combination treatment based on the diagnosis.
- Chemical peels: At Rejuvenate Health, dermatologists prime your skin before applying plant-based extracts for controlled exfoliation of damaged layers, known as chemical peeling. Chemical peels help eliminate melanin build-up, reduce pigment formation and reveal visibly brighter skin. Your doctor may recommend different concentrations of chemical peels and multiple sessions after three to four weeks, depending on your skin type and the severity of your pigmentation. You may note exfoliation from the treated area for a few days post a peel procedure.
- Laser Toning: This revolutionary method, available at Rejuvenate Health, uses a laser beam to break the excess melanin into smaller particles, which the immune system of the skin eventually eliminates to help restore your flawless complexion. It is ideal for treating superficial and deeper pigmented patches such as suntan, pigmentary demarcation lines, melasma, sunspots and acne marks on the face. It can also help reduce tan, macular amyloidosis, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and Lichen planus pigmentosus to correct the skin tone of different body areas. Q-switched Nd:YAG laser is the top choice of leading dermatologists for this painless and effective pigmentation treatment. You may require at least six to eight sessions at monthly intervals to regain your natural skin tone based on the type and severity of pigmentation and the target area’s size.
Besides the above procedures, Rejuvenate Health’s expert dermatologists advise a customised skin-care regimen based on your skin type using suitable non-comedogenic products like cleanser, sunscreen and topical medications to optimise the treatment results and deliver long-lasting satisfaction.
Who Is An Eligible Candidate For Pigmentation Treatment?
Anyone who is 18 years old and above can opt for pigmentation treatment. However, it is not advisable for pregnant and lactating women.
Why Choose Rejuvenate Health For Pigmentation Treatment?
Here are some reasons that make Rejuvenate Health the top clinic for pigmentation treatment:
- Rejuvenate Health is synonymous with unparalleled medical expertise with the largest in-house team of 100+ qualified dermatologists.
- Rejuvenate Health has an impressive track record of performing more than 50,000 pigmentation treatments with a holistic approach.
- Rejuvenate Health offers USFDA-approved treatments using revolutionary laser technology and follows stringent protocols at par with global standards to prioritise your safety and comfort.
- Our facilities across India have state-of-the-art amenities to ensure you enjoy a world-class experience and outstanding results.
- Over 3000 clients rate Rejuvenate Health an unprecedented 80% on the satisfaction scale for our unmatched quality of care.